About dialog box issues...

In the application I'm working on, at startup time, I create a Gnome About dialog, and realize it.
Later on, when the help->about button is pushed I call gtk_widget_show, and when the OK button
is pushed I call gtk_widget_hide.  The problem is that after that the widget is gone...  I can
no longer do anything with it.

I know I can recreate it each time, but all my other code is common and creates the dialogs at
startup time assuming they are there throughout the session.  I don't want to have to necessarily
special-case this widget...

I've used glade-2 to build my GUI, and Auto-destroy is NO...

Any ideas on this?

--Al Amaral--