Re: Help -Urgent

ybhasin uci edu wrote:

Hi

I am totally new to gtk on linux programming. The client side is linux on which I am trying to develop a simple interface. That interface will have a list of userIDs and their IP addresses. The IP addresses are being provided by a remote server. I am able to display the list using clist widget, but I don't know how to update the display when I have to change the information in the list. e.g. If I have to change IP address in some row entry.

You should:
   A.) Save yourself the trouble and not use the CList
        (depricated code with undocumented drawbacks left and right).
   B.) If you have really large lists or want to be fancy about it;
       use a TreeView (might be complicated but will be stable in
       the long run).
   C.) If you only want to show a list of IP addresses (a list
       that is less than 500/1000 entries ?) Than just use a Label
       in a ScrolledWindow (Soooo much less to understand...).

Regards,
                               -Tristan