stopping signals

Greetings:

I have a spin button with a callback function invoked by the "value_changed" signal.
The callback func has a gtk_spin_button_set_value(). When this executes it causes
the spinner to emit the "value_changed' signal which invokes the callback which executes set_value() etc. It's recursive. I tried using g_signal_stop_emission_by_name()
put in before the set_value() but it didn't work. Any ideas??

Thanks,
Walt

Do you Yahoo!?