Re: Resizing/Repainting of container when child-button is resized ...

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 09:38:20 +0100 Karl H. Beckers wrote:

I have this HBox with a width of three and in it a Menu, a
button with a text label and a toolbar of buttons with icons
only.

Depending on user input the text displayed in the button may
change and the width needs to be adjusted.

I think I see your problem, but IMHO your whole approach is not right
(from UI design point of view).  I think the consistent solution would
be to use a GtkCombo and a simple "Browse" button.

Even if your approach would work as you want it to, there would still be
problems like reasonable truncation of long paths, robust handling of
theming issues etc.

regards,
michael