Blocking gtk_main()

Hi,

I am running a gtk application as a thread spun off a regular executable.
When I shutdown the parent executable the GTK thread executes some data
saving operations before closing the gtk thread. This causes lockups
because while the GTK thread shutdown routines are running, calls are being
made to gtk_main that cause the thread to lock. Is there a way to dissable
or block calls to gtk_main so it won't hang?

Thanks.

Marco Quezada
Aerospaceo Engineero
NLX Corporation