g_threads problem.

Hello,

I have got a problem.  I get the following error:

** (gports:47984): WARNING **: Invalid UTF8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
The program 'gports' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)'.
  (Details: serial 39922 error_code 1 request_code 229 minor_code 0)

But I think (not really sure) I'm doing everything correct.

I attached the file I use for this.  The main things are:

void update_ports_treestore (void)
{
  GThread* thread;
    if (gports_search.running == TRUE)
    gports_search.stop = TRUE;
      if (!g_thread_supported ()) g_thread_init (NULL);
  thread = g_thread_create ((gpointer) update_ports_treestore_run,
                            NULL, TRUE, NULL);
}

That should be correct. In the function update_ports_treestore_run I have at the beginning:

static GStaticMutex mutex_lock = G_STATIC_MUTEX_INIT;

  g_static_mutex_lock (&mutex_lock);

and before every return:
g_static_mutex_unlock (&mutex_lock);

That sould work, but that gives mit this trouble.

Thanks for every help.

Martin

--
If you've got an idea and need help,    ICQ: 72997139
or just need general encouragement,     MSN: kleinerdrache gmx at