Re: Re: H E L P on gtk+ programming ..

Hello

The mechanism GTK_ENTRY(entry1) works for entry. but still didn't work for label. Label is not getting updated.

also one more problem I am facing is that when I build my application and run it from console I am getting an error like below.

  Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing display ":0.0"

I am not able to resize the window also. When I resize the window I am getting some lines and stretches rather than a smooth movement. What could be the problem.

Also I was just wondering is it possible to make a pluggin in GTK+. Like my idea is to make a pluggin which will have a GUI panel which could be attached at later point to a 'property sheet' kind of interface in my application.

Lin

On Mon, 26 May 2003 Mincu Alexandru wrote :
On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 12:52, gk lin wrote:
> Hello
>
>     I am a newbie in GTK programming. I am using Glade for
> creating UI for GTK. This gives me a neat way of making UI (
> without making my hands dirty .. ) .. I am facing some problem
> in
> updating some vidgets.
>
> I am trying to write some thing into an entry widget and a
> label widget.

I think you should try
>     gtk_entry_set_test (entry1, "Hellow World");
gtk_entry_set_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry1), "Hello World");
>     gtk_label_set_test (label1, "Hellow World");
gtk_entry_set_text(GTK_LABEL(label1), "Hello World");
where entry1 and label 1 are defined as GtkWidget*
I didn't use galde yet but this is how it's done without ... I don't know how glade defines variables.... But i think it should work..

> the entry as well as label widgets are not getting updated.
> Is
> there any thing special to be done for the widgets to get
> updated.
> I couldn't move further becuase I got stuck here itself. I am
> refering GTK+ reference manual for API reference but those
> documents doesn't say any thing about this aspects.
>
>     I have declared entry1 and label1 as global variables in
> interface.h file and included in callback.c and interface.h files.
> I don't think that change will make big impact on this.
>
>   Thanks and regards
>    -lin

|I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
|--
|Mincu Alexandru                intelinet.ro
|Tel:+4 0745 369719             +4 021 3140021
|www.intelinet.ro               office intelinet ro
|--
|GPG Key: http://alex.work.local.intelinet.ro/key.gpg

Get email that means BUSINESS! me @ mycompany.com.