Development tool choice

What are some suggestions for development tools for GUI GTK
applications?  Glade seems to be just GTK+, but primarily Gnome.
KDevelop seems to be primarily KDE and, oh by the way it can do
anything.

If my goal is, learning Glib, then learn GDK, then GTK, will KDE even be
any help over just running Emacs and using make and gdb?  Will KDevelop
autocomplete Glib macros and fill in data types, etc, in things other
than KDE?  The documentation seems to be only KDE / QT.

If my goal is writing only GNOME GUI apps, will KDE be essentially the
second best choice compared to Glade?

Thanks for the tips and suggestions.