keypress problem

Hi,

I've got an application which currently connects a signal handler to
key_press_event on the main application window. This worked fine until I
tried to add a GtkEntry to the window. For obvious reasons, I can't enter
characters which are caught by the key_press_event signal handler.

My question is: is there a better way to tell the signal handler _not_ to
process keypress events when that GtkEntry has input focus, better than
just attaching event handlers on keyboard focus/unfocus for the entry,
which handlers disable/re-enable the global keypress handler?
(What signals exactly are for keyboard input focus/unfocus anyway? The API
reference is a bit unclear to me.)

Regards,

Filip

--
"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
 And if you really don't like all the standards you just have to wait