pixbuf image loader on windows?

Hi,

I wrote a clone of the pixbuf-demo, which loads jpeg and png images. It
runs fine on linux, but has problems on windows:

*) When started it complains about a missing libjpeg.dll. There is a
similar dll jpeg<s.th>.dll, which when renamed and placed in the apps
directory seems to be loaded, but till the app then would complain that
it could not load the jpeg image

*) Png images can be loaded but only if all dlls of the gtk/bin dir are
_in_ the apps directory (i have set the %PATH% to include gtk/bin,
though)

This must be some problem with the image loaders plug in system. I am
afraid I have no idea how to correct above errors. Have in installed gtk
on windows incorrectly, or is my app doing something wrong?

many thanks in advance,
Andreas