gdk_window_reparent

Hello all,

I'm trying to use gdk_window_reparent to reparent a container that contains a scrolled window in gtk 1.2. However, when the scrollbars
are hidden I get the following error when reparenting:

"Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkwindow.c: line 908 (gdk_window_reparent): assertion `window != NULL' failed."

This has been fixed in gtk2.0. Does anyone have any tips
on how to reparent a widget containing hidden widets in gtk1.2?

Thanks,
Andreas R.