[no subject]

Dan

                      "Nivedita Sahasrabudhe"

                      <nivedita_sahasrabudhe@        To:       gtk-app-devel-list gnome org

                      yahoo.com>                     cc:

                      Sent by:                       Subject:  Gtk: changing menu item text at runtime

                      gtk-app-devel-list-admi

                      n gnome org

                      05/14/2003 11:50 AM

Hi,

I am working on an application that uses
GtkItemFactory (Gtk version 1.2) to create the menu. I
would like to change the text of the menu item at
runtime, to go from say "View->Hide Dialog" to
"View->Show Dialog" depending on whether the Dialog
window is up or not. I found a similar question in the
archives:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-app-devel-list/1999-September/msg00258.html

but the suggested solution did not work for me. It
appears that I am able to change the label internally,
but the actual menu item text does not change. That
is, on following up the gtk_label_set_text() call with
a gtk_label_get_text() call, I get the updated label
text, but this is not reflected in the menu. What am I
missing?

Thanks,
Nivedita