GtkTextView move-cursor signal

-
I'm writing an application where I need to modify the state of other widgets based on the position of the cursor in a TextView (ie: is the cursor in an 'on' region of any GtkTextTag). I've connected a callback to the 'move-cursor' signal, and that works well enough if the cursor is moved via the keyboard. But, if I reposition the cursor with the mouse, the signal is not emitted, is there another signal (or a different signal) I should be connecting to?

-charlie