Very long g_timeouts

Hi,

Are there accuracy issues with using g_timeout for times on the order of
greater than two hours?  I'm seeing reports of a timeout that should be
running every 2, 3, 4 or 6 hours running at very unusual intervals and
trying to "catch up" and running it several times when it receives an
event.  Around 1 hour works fine, though.

For example, I have a 6 hour interval, here are some run times:

        * Feb 12 04:19:58
        * Feb 12 10:19:58
        * Feb 13 04:02:04 (should have been at Feb 12 16:19:58)
        * Feb 13 04:02:10 (should have been at Feb 12 22:19:58)
        * Feb 13 04:19:58

I know that the docs say that you shouldn't depend on g_timeout for
precise timing, but I figured that meant relatively short times.  A few
seconds off in either direction is fine.  Or is this also potentially
causing my problem?

Joe