gtk headers

HI

I cant get <gtk/gtk.h> to compile. It is located in /usr/local/include/gtk-2.0/. My compiler cant find the header, giving:
"gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory"
so if I do gcc -I/usr/local/include/gtk-2.0 It gives me a list of errors with atk/*, pango/* headers out of place. atk, pango, and glib are the same way as gtk all in  /usr/local/include/atk-* /usr/local/include/pango-*  /usr/local/include/glib-*.

If I include those it gives me a whole new list of headers not found. This is the same for all gtk, atk, and pango versions. Even the ones that came with the distribution.

I heard something about gtk-devel libraries, but can't find them. Any help would really be appreciated.

ed

Do you Yahoo!?