Re: Speeding up expose events in a Gtk1 Fixed

On Ter, 2003-03-11 at 08:06, torbenh gmx de wrote:
hi...

I am writing an audio app where you can build your interface in
a GtkFixed...

As the audio processing is eating most of the CPU i would
like to speed up expose events on the Control Panel
which is a GtkFixed containig all the other widgets like
sliders, notesequencers etc...

Isnt it possible to have expose handled by the X Server ?

Will an EventBox solve my problem because it has a GdkWindow ?

  I think that having separate threads for the gui and audio processing
code would solve your problem, at the cost of a little extra complexity.

--
Gustavo João Alves Marques Carneiro