RE: How to change the width of a GtkTreeView?

But I have also noticed this from time to time.  It is related to a number
of things being the data in your treeview and the number of columns to
show
that data and how you set the treeview up.  Also the containers you use to
put your treeview into (i.e. do they have the correct shrink/resize
properties set etc...).

Actually.... I'm not sure *thinking* about it whether the data does have
anything to do with it.  I was thinking mainly along the lines of having
fixed sized columns (e.g. 10 of them).  But I can't remember if this would
be a problem or not.  In theory it shouldn't because the scrollwindow should
take care of this - hence respecting the window and other container
policies...