RE: scrolling logs in GtkTextView to the end (Re: scrolling windo ws)

I don't know what you mean by "iter should be updated" - the iterator
is not persistent in any way. That's why you need to use a mark such
as the insertion mark, because the mark sticks around.

I meant in relation to the statement (which TP Muller commented on):

"Note that line heights are computed in an idle handler; so this function
may not have the desired effect if it's called before the height
computations."

I too have experienced the problem where by adding text to a text buffer and
then scrolling to the end iter (by using gtk_text_buffer_get_bounds())
doesn't scroll fully and half the line is missed.

Surely scrolling to the iter should do exactly that without needing a hack
(as provided by TP Muller) which scrolls on an idle timeout?