Re: scrolling windows

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 13:00, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

      It doesn't seem right that a GtkScrolledWindow should
have any knowlage of what to do when a particular `type'
is it's child. I also don't think its smart for the GtkTextEntry
to automaticly scroll it's parent (but smarter than the former).

maybe a generalized mechanism can be built around the GtkAlignment ?

I still think that for clarity's sake we should stick to writing
that code ourselves (as the users of the lib) untill a logical
way to implement something like that presents itself.

so; in short; I sugest

g_signal_connect(insert signals here);

callback() { insert code here }.

A) This is another big FAQ ... apparently tailing logs is something
   everyone wants to do...

   Would also be good if someone wanted to write this up for
   submission.

B) I don't think there is any particular reason to get the
   scrolled window involved.

    gtk_text_buffer_insert()

   followed by:

    gtk_text_view_scroll_to_iter()

   should do the trick. (Maybe Havoc wants to chime in if
   this is the "canonically right" way of doing things.)

Regards,
                                                Owen