RE: Widget order in GtkFixed

The widgets do indeed overlap.  If GtkFixed lets me specify positions, well,
dang it, I'm going to overlap them!    Actually, the way it works is that I
have a simple GUI builder (for Windows) which creates simple text files
which are then downloaded an embedded Linux machine.  The text file
describes a screen with buttons here, rectangles there, etc etc, and well,
the end users will overlap things.

It makes sense sometimes too -- people like to put buttons and text on top
of images.

For the most part, it works too.  The order which I put things into the
GtkFixed controls sometimes order the overlap objects will be displayed in.
GtkButtons, GtkLabels and GtkImages all seem to behave as one would expect
like this, and when you overlapped buttons it looks right.

However, GtkEntry, GtkFixed, and GtkProgressBar don't work properly and
don't work according to any logic that I can see.  Any thoughts on how to
beat them into shape so they show up in the right order or any clues as to
what order they're putting themselves into?

Alex Pavloff - apavloff eason com
Eason Technology -- www.eason.com

PS:  The Gnome API reference doesn't look right with Opera (but it does with
IE).  <insert conspiracy theory>