Generated code is bad how? (WAS: lookup_widget problems)

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 07:22, Mike Hearn wrote:

Of course you should be using libglade anyway rather than generated code
really....

This may be silly, but I don't really know what this means. I've heard
it before in my short stint so far with making GTK apps.

Does this mean that it is a bad thing to use Glade2 period? As in I
shouldn't use the code that is generated to draw and pack the widgets?
Is it done in poor style or something?

I've been working on a small learning project using Glade2 and filling
in the skeleton functions it places in callbacks.c, adding a few myself
etc. These are for the most part one or two line functions that simply
call functions that I've placed in appropriate files so that the file
structure of the project isn't too hard to deal with.

I guess I just don't want to start out on the wrong foot when learning
to program in GTK. I've never really used a GUI (outside curses) and I'd
like to learn it properly. I went through the tutorial on the gtk
website, so I do have an understanding of how it works. I just thought
using Glade would be faster.

Cheers,

Dennis.