Re: Thread programming

One thing I should mention is that I only have one thread running in the
background.  I assume the GUI runs in it's own thread, so that would
make a total of two threads.  I'm not doing anything in the GUI when it
locks up, but perhaps it is have trouble just reading the label that was
updated in the background thread.  I should also mention that the
background thread never locks up either, it keeps trucking along.

Can anyone confirm whether or not doing simple thread programming will
work while using libglade?

You might want to try altering the label in the GUI thread, I believe
Glib has constructs to allow inter-thread message passing.

--
Mike Hearn <m hearn signal qinetiq com>
QinetiQ - Malvern Technology Center