gnomecanvas event problem: Are you ITALIAN ??

I have a problem with gnomecanvas library (version 2.0.2).
I need to create a group where insert a lot of item.
I want to connect a signal to the group (gnomecanvas accept only one event:
"event"):

g_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT(my_group), "event", G_CALLBACK (event_cb), NULL);

Inside of the event_cb function, I want notify in/out from group with
GDK_ENTER_NOTIFY e GDK_LEAVE_NOTIFY.
The problem is that the events GDK_LEAVE_NOTIFY and GDK_ENTER_NOTIFY are
sequentially generated when the mouse pass above an item of the group;
That is, I can not know if the mouse is exiting from the wall group or only
from one item of the group.
Please help me, I have already read a lot of documentation about gnomecanvas.
Marco Mussini

As you see I have some problem with english....  so:

******!!!!! Help in Italian !!!!!!!******
Se parli ITALIANO e usi le libgnomecanvas, mi farebbe molto piacere poter
scambiare (via e-mail) problemi/soluzioni su questa libreria in modo da
potersi capire decentemente, senza dover impiegare mezz'ora per scrivere 3
righe di inglese... :-)))