Re: Best way to get root password from user?

Dennis Craven <arker rogers com> writes:

The application I'm working on requires root privileges in order to
perform a few of the functions I'd like it to. I'd like to just pop up a
simple dialog and have the user enter the root password when required. I
would like to be able to check the validity of the password prior to
running the functions that require it and having them fail.

red-carpet does exactly this.  You could look at the source to see
how.

----ScottG.