Re: ~/.gnome2/myapp file?

Am 2003.06.04 07:35 schrieb(en) Havoc Pennington:
On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:18:16PM +0200, Filip Van Raemdonck wrote:
> Configuration which may get lost -> gconf.
> Important configuration -> gnome-config.

No no. gconf will reliably save the config, unless the local site is
locking things down so that users aren't supposed to change prefs.

So you want all prefs in gconf so they can be locked down.

What you want to avoid is storing things in gconf as part of
application functionality, as opposed to application preferences.  For
example, don't store word processor documents in gconf, because in a
locked down configuration you still want to be able to save documents.

But all prefs should be in gconf.

So you want to say, that there is no good reason why balsa2 does not store the Email accounts in gnome-config, it could also be done in gconf?

Martin

Havoc