Re: ~/.gnome2/myapp file?

Whats the difference between using gconf2 and using a ~/.gnome2/myapp
file?

I sorta disagree with the former replies to this message. The whole
point of GConf was to replace the gnome-config API with something more
powerful. If you are saving settings/preferences and what not, use
GConf. Files saved in ~/.gnome2 should be data that's not configuration
options.

For example, for my stickynotes applet, I save all configuration options
and settings using GConf. Then, the bodies of the notes themselves are
saved in ~/.gnome2/myapp.xml as an xml file.

Don't use the gnome-config API. It still has bugs that have never been
fixed.

Cheers,
Loban

|   Loban Amaan Rahman  <-- anagram of -->  Aha! An Abnormal Man!   |
| loban earthling net, loban caltech edu,  http://loban.caltech.edu |