creating a pixmap from a char*

Hi,
  I've been using glade to design a GUI. At one point I need to create a
pixmap. Glade gives me a create_pixmap() function but this loads a
pixmap from  a file. My program stores pixmaps in a char* and I could'nt
find any gtk/gdk functions which will let me create a pixmap from a
char*  -is there any way I can create a pixmap from a XPM stored in a
char*?

Another related question is how can I set the icon on a specific button
in a toolbar? I looked at the code generated by Glade but it sets the
pixmap for the button when it is attached to the toolbar. But I'm using
libglade so I need to set the icon after the toolbar is created.

Thanks,

Rajarshi Guha <rajarshi presidency com> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE
Absence in love is like water upon fire; a little quickens, but much
extinguishes it.
-- Hannah More