Re: GDK question

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 16:54, mrada wrote:
Has any of the developers done any GDK tests to verify that GDK works?

Yes, we do know that GDK works. (After all, GTK+ works, and GTK+
uses GDK the same way as any app.)

I am
still having problems getting events seen using GDK solely, not GTK, and
if there was an example I can follow then my applications wouldn't break.  I
have tried tracing a simple GTK application and it is very hard to follow.
Any suggestions?

Trying to write a GDK-only application is just making things hard
on yourself. It's certainly not something I'd try doing before
getting a fair bit of experience with more normal forms of
GTK+ programming.

But that being said, gdk_event_handler_set() and
g_main_loop_new()/g_main_loop_run() are all you need to get
events from GDK.

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-The-Main-Event-Loop.html

Regards,
                                                Owen