Re: using threads in glib-2

 If you are doing socket, I would recommend you take a look at gnet library. It
is build on top of glib. It has plenty of examples on how to use the lib, if
you do not want to use the library, you can look at its code and see how it
uses GIOChannel (That's what it uses under the hood to make its 'magic').

 http://www.gnetlibrary.org/

Good luck.

Harring.