Re: gtk 1.2 to 2.0 upgrade woes

Le mardi, 22 juil 2003, à 17:45 Europe/Paris, Rob Clack a écrit :

  gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(window), "destroy",
                     GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(Quit), NULL);
Are you sure about gtk_signal_connect? I use g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(window), "destroy", G_CALLBACK(...), NULL);

I must say that I compile this (on Mac OS 10.2.6 but it does not matter here) with:

CC = cc

CFLAGS = -Wall \
        -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED=1 \
        -DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED=1 \
        -DGDK_PIXBUF_DISABLE_DEPRECATED=1 \
        -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED=1

vboxexample: vboxexample.c
$(CC) vboxexample.c -o vboxexample $(CFLAGS) `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags --libs`

clean:
        rm -f *.o vboxexample

to avoid using deprecated calls.

But I'm completely new to gtk, so I may be completely wrong.

Anyway with your code and my compiling I get a warning with gtk_signal_connect undefined, once corrected it works fine except that it only delete the window, not the application (from your code I guess this is what you want), so say it works fine.

Second, are you sure you can compile an application on your disk with libraries on a networked disk (I mean same architecture? Are you sure there is not an horrid mixture between your libraries and the networked ones?) If I try this with my two macs on a local network, that's a no no, but here my configuration may matter (of course I can run the executable remotely, but compiling...).

Michèle
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org/>