gnotime runtime failure: assertion GTK_IS_CONTAINER (container)' failed

Hello,

I'm working on creating a fink package for gnotime 2.1.7 so I can use it on
Mac OS X. I've got it to compile and install OK, and even have a basic
fink package that seems to work (but needs more testing before I release
it).

However, I'm currently experiencing a runtime failure.

What happens is when I select the "Journal" action, the correct window
pops up, but is empty. on STDERR, I see:

file gtkcontainer.c: line 946 (gtk_container_add): assertion `GTK_IS_CONTAINER (container)' failed

What are possible causes of this? The app works fine on Linux.

This is compiled against Gnome 2.x related libraries. I can provide
specific versions of everything if it's helpful.

Thanks!

        Mark