RE: Language characters

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 10:24, martyn 2 russell bt com wrote:
No idea. You should never get blocks for a character if there is any
font on your system that can handle it; changing locale just
changes the
order in which fonts are selected.

(Assuming that you are using pango-1.2.x/fontconfig/Xft2)

I have a bug in my application where someone sends me umlauts and it is not
displayed correctly, see the bug here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=771259&group_id=646
00&atid=508042

The GtkTextView complains that it is not valid UTF8.  I thought umlauts were
supported in UTF8.

Please read:

 http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-question-index.htm,
question 1.7