Re: How-to change focus on the GtkEntry ?

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 08:18, Peter Gasper wrote:
In truth, though, doing this is probably against the Human Interface
Guidelines because pressing Enter in a dialog box should always trigger
the default button (say the Ok button).

Why is that? According to whom?

Personally, I prefer the dialog to work this way, as it makes it more
keyboard friendly.  I hate having to type in something on the keyboard
and either tab over to the button (which is already the default anyway
-- it has the "hilight" around it) and hit spacebar, or use the mouse.
I believe that MacOS, as well as Windows post 95 has always been like
that, and I agree with that policy.  From a keyboard/usability
standpoint, I strongly feel that all dialogs should catch the "activate"
signal from all widgets and hit the default button.  That's what it's
there for.

Michael

--
Michael Torrie <torriem chem byu edu>