Re: (no subject)

On 06 Jul 2003 20:40:14 -0400
Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:

On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 19:59, mcmahill mtl mit edu wrote:

[...]

The complete code is at
http://www-mtl.mit.edu/~mcmahill/paned-test.tgz

When I compile and run on a 32-bit sparc system, the window comes up
looking like:

http://www-mtl.mit.edu/~mcmahill/paned-sparc.png

but when I compile and run on a 64-bit alpha system, the window
comes up looking like:

http://www-mtl.mit.edu/~mcmahill/paned-alpha.png

Am I doing something wrong with this example or is this a bug in
gtk?  If the latter, does anyone have ideas as to where I might
start in debugging it?

With a current version of GTK+?

This was with 1.2.10.  The example doesn't build under gtk-2.  I'll see
if I can figure out why and try out the newer gtk.

Sorry - nothing really productive to add without compiling your test
case and fooling around with it.. the "alpha" screenshot does look
like some sort of GTK+ bug, but I don't know offhand if it is one of
the hundreds of bugs that have been fixed since 1.2.10 or not.

ok.  Thanks for taking a look at the screen shots.

-Dan