Problem using Gtk 2.2.1 on WinXP

Hello

I'm having a bad time trying to make my app run under WinXP. This is the code:

--
#include <gtk/gtk.h>
#include <glib.h>

GtkWidget *win;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    g_thread_init(0);
    gdk_threads_init();
    gtk_init(&argc, &argv);

    win = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
    g_signal_connect(win, "destroy", G_CALLBACK(gtk_main_quit), NULL);

    gtk_widget_show(win);
    gtk_main();

I'm compiling it with MinGW 2.0. Yeah, all those stuffs are there (including the -mms-bitfields flag). It runs fine under Win 9x. I couldn't test it on W2k. The runtime libs are from http://members.lycos.co.uk/alexv6/.

But it doesn't run under WinXP. It just freezes in the gtk_main. Is there something wrong with this code?

Daniel K. O.