Re: Mouse buttons 2 and 3 in CList

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 mquezada nlxcorp com wrote:

I have a CList (gtk 1.2.xx) and it responds to the left (#1) mouse button
clicks with the "select_row" signal connected to it. I'd like to add other
functionality using the other mouse buttons. Is there any example available
of how to get the other buttons to respond in this manner?

You are probably going to want to connect to the "button_press" event
instead of the "select_row" event. Your callback will get passed a
GdkEventButton pointer that has all kinds of useful information in it.

I use it like this (assuming my callback gets passed a GdkEventButton
*event):

if(event->type == GDK_2BUTTON_PRESS && event->button == 1)

This would check for a double click with the left mouse button as an
example. Lot's of good information here...

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gdk/gdk-event-structures.html

-Seth

Seth Remington
SaberLogic LLC