Re: #include <windows.h>,#include <windowsx.h>

Hi, just to inform you I've actually tested these libraries on a test program without any gtk+ in it, and they work fine with the current mingw libraries i've got. BUT, if you are aware of this, and you know it only occurs soon as you use them with gtk+, then could you please tell me where I can get the mingw win32 headers and link libs from, and how would I have to link these individually in my make file.

Thank you!

From: "Michal 'Gleba' Ziemski" <gtk roo k pl>
To: "Hammamur Rahman" <hrahman10 hotmail com>,<gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: #include <windows.h>,#include <windowsx.h>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:43:35 +0100

I have tried the same using MinGW. If you include headers deployed with MS
SDK
you'll get a throng of errors. It's mostyly because these headers are
prepared for
MSVC (they require some MSVC standard defines like -D_WIN32) furthermore
they introduce some weird non-ANSI C constructs like

#define _VARIANT_BOOL    /##/

BTW Guess what this define shold be doing ;)

The best solution is to get the MinGW Win32 headers & link libs.
Everything works fine then.

Don't forgest to add -mms-bitfields during compilation(if compiling with
GCC).

If this fail then you still have the option of simply copying the
declarations of the required
funcs into your header file. You probably don't need the whole bunch of
headers
just to use couple of functions.