Re: Update a GtkTreeView

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 19:05, Emmanuel Di Pretoro wrote:
Salut,

garbage collector is not the correct term here. GObject doesn't do
garbage collection as you usually refer to it. While reference
counting is often used with garbage collection it's not at all the
same thing. Please don't confuse it.

  I think that reference counting *is* a garbage colletion method.
  It is *not* *automatic* garbage collection.

I don't confuse it. But these techniques have the same goal, isn't it ?
So I understand what reference counting are because I know what is
garbage collector.

But feel free to explain me more if I'm in the wrong way.

Bonne soirée,

Manu