How can I save a GdkDrawable to an image file?
- From: Daniel Haude <dhaude physnet uni-hamburg de>
- To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: How can I save a GdkDrawable to an image file?
- Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:20:14 +0100 (CET)
I'm writing a program that draws some stuff (XY data plots from
laboratory measurement equipment) into a gtk drawing area. I'd
also like to be able to view these graphs over a Web interface,
so I need to export them as png file. In fact, I'd like to write
my little gdk-based graphics library such that it can be used
both interactively in an X application and also without any X
Essentially I want to avoid developing the code twice (once for
onscreen with Gdk, and for offscreen with --say-- libgd).
Here are my questions:
1) Does there already exist a library that renders numerical data
to a GdkDrawable (a GdkWindow or GdkPixmap)?
2) Does Gdk need to have an X server running in order to draw to
3) Is there a function that saves the contents of a GdkPixmap to
some standard graphics format (GIF/TIFF/PNG)?
Thanks for any help,
] [Thread Prev