Re: Notebooks in Gtk+ v1.2.x

Please tell me more of your architecture. I can think of several instances where my drawing areas need to be independent ( plug-ins, design details, seperate models). As such a master-master architecture might work well for my purposes.

Thanks for your help.

cheers,
Jim parker

On 2003.01.23 10:57 Carlos Pereira wrote:
>I am developing a CAD program.  What I am trying to do is have
> multiple drawing areas (OpenGL) available via a
> notebook.  Each drawing area needs access to the toolbar and menus,
> but should have diffrent scale factors and viewing angles, among
> other things.  It is not known how many possible drawing areas will
> be open at any given time.

My app has multiple (unlimited) top windows, each one
with its own OpenGL drawing area, which in turn draws
multiple (unlimited) layers, each one with its own
set of objects, lights, OpenGL parameters, etc.

My architecture is slightly different from yours,
because all my top_windows are masters, while you
chose a master-slave design, but the general principles
are the same.