Re: gtktreeview sooo slow

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Mohammed Sameer wrote:

I don't think that, I commented all the lines that deal with Gtk,
keeping only the fetch data loop, It was very fast.

Ok, now try to add random strings in the loop instead (say, have an array
of 10 different representative strings of varying length and pick a random
one in each iteration) and see how fast/slow that goes.

Then profile it.

The best profiling option would be to use oprofile (google for it).  If
you can't make that work (quite likely, if your distribution doesn't
include it), try gprof.

-Peter