Color of a widget

Hello boys,

I am writing a bonobo component that embeds mplayer, lumiere
(version 0.2 soon out), I am happy with the way it works so far but:

When I make it go fullscreen, or when the window is resized, you can see
the container background, colored as the gtk themes wants.

This is not good (mostly in fullscreen mode).
I'd like it to be black. So I tried using the GtkStyle thing:

        gdk_color_black(Colormap, color);
        mywidget->style->bg[0] = color;

Did not work, maybe it is another field of GtkStyle?

I tried also gdk_window_set_background(mywidget->window, color);

No luck again... It stays grey :-(

How does that work?

Thanks for helping.

BTW, check the next version, it kicks better, even in nautilus, usable
and fast as mplayer is.
--
   _ _ _
  / \ \ \