GtkNotebooks in v1.2 and other questions

G'Day !

I am writing a CAD system (using OpenGL) and have several problems.

1) I am trying to use a GTK notebook widget to display different views of the same model. For example one page would diplay the top view, the next page a side view, etc. I can create the notebook pages no problem, but I can't get each page to display the model indepentantly. Anything that I do happens to all the pages.

Do I need to recreate all the tool bars and menus on each notebook page or I can I use different variable name for the OpenGL area widget. (I am currently using seperate and unique variable names).

Thoughts and suggestions.

2) Does any one have thought on an easy way to implement a drag-drop library of parts (something similar to visio). I am envisioning the parts being listed in a clist (or equivalent) and when selected you can drag an icon to the selected spot on the OpenGL drawing area it automagically adds the part in the right scale.

TIA

cheers,
Jim parker