Re: Treeview scrolling question

ok, thanks for the answer, I already guessed that my approach wasn't the best possible ...

- after looking at the documentation and the pygtk example,
- considering that I will have in memory a <list> that contains a number of structures that I want to translate into strings with TreeStore like detail,

I guess I just have to derive a TreeModel,  and
- provide for the translation in get_value
- assign the iterator to my list in get_iter?

so that when the Treeview wants to draw itself, it will call my functions and thus compose the strings or whatever I want to show? And whenever I modify the data in my <list>, the Treeview is updated automatically?

greetings, Danny.

Since these strings are already in memory, you might think about "wrapping" your data structure in your own TreeModel (i.e. derive from GtkTreeModel). Then the treeview just tracks the state of your data structure automatically (as long as the TreeModel is implemented correctly) and no insertions are necessary.