Treeview scrolling question

hello all,

I was wondering how to do the following:

- suppose I have a long list of strings already in memory, as a result of a calculation
- I want to show the results in a Treeview,
- but I'm pretty sure that the user will only want to see a small fraction of my results
- however there is no automatic way to select the relevant results

-->
I would like to avoid inserting all my strings in the treeview.

Rather, I would like to override the default scroll behaviour,
and insert different strings into the treeview, after every scrolling action.

So that the Treeview only needs a limited amount of memory, i.e. only to show the currently selected window of relevant strings. Can I look at some examples that show how to do this, or do you know better ways to achieve this ?

thanks in advance,
Danny.