Re: adding applets, and session management

Le lun 17/02/2003 à 15:18, Stella Power a écrit :
Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble with an applet that I'm writing.  My applet works
fine if I run it manually, but once I install it and add it to the panel
from the Applets menu things don't work as expected.  When I add the applet
it launches my fully working applet, as well as a crashed icon symbol, and
I've no idea why!  My .desktop and .gnorba files are below.

I'm also have a problem when I log out.  When I log back in again, the applet
no longer works, and all that appears on the panel is a crashed icon symbol.

Any one have any ideas?  I've spent a week trying to fix this, trawling
through archives and searching the web to no avail.

Stella

g_app_test.desktop:
--------------------
[Desktop Entry]
Name=My Applet
Comment=testing
Exec=g_app_test --activate-goad-server=g_app_test
Icon=button.xpm
Terminal=0
Type=Application

g_app_test.gnorba:
-------------------
[g_app_test]
type=exe
repo_id=IDL:GNOME/Applet:1.0
description=test applet
location_info=g_app_test

Maybe use absolute paths for your icon file and for your executable
file?

Gnorba is no longer supported, go for Bonobo activation.
Instead of a gnorba file you need a .server file.

--
   _ _ _
  / \ \ \
  | \/    /         Muy Presa.