From: "John K Luebs" <jkluebs luebsphoto com>
To: "Uni" <unimatrix 001 ntlworld com>
Cc: "GTK App Development list" <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: GtkList again! :(

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 03:41:41PM -0000, Uni wrote:
Hi,

Sorry to bother you people again! But for some reason my GtkList doesn't
have a scrollbar. I'm guessing that it should have one automatically after
what the API says about it...I've currently got:

Don't use GtkList it has been deprecated for ages now. If you absolutely
cannot use GTK+ 2.0 then use GtkCList. If you are using GTK+ 2.0 then
you should use GtkTreeView. There are some apparent performance issues
reported with TreeView but so far no one has determined (or reported at
least) if the problem is in the widget or in GtkTreeStore or
GtkListStore. The widget works fine for hundreds of entries, it might
not be suitable for tens of thousands.

If you are terribly concerned about it just use GtkCList, but for pete's
sake do not use GtkList!

--jkl