Re: Dialog Problem

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:59:29 +0530
Saravanan Somu <saran zygox com> wrote:

Howdy,

I am new to the GTK. I created one dialog window and openining in my
code. The execution should not go to the next line unitl the user
close the Dialog. Is it possible in C?

Assuming you're using GTK 2.x, the dialogs can be modal or non-modal.

As explained in the API
(http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkDialog.html)

A 'modal' dialog (that is, one which freezes the rest of the application
from user input), can be created by calling gtk_window_set_modal() on
the dialog. Use the GTK_WINDOW() macro to cast the widget returned from
gtk_dialog_new() into a GtkWindow. When using
gtk_dialog_new_with_buttons() you can also pass the GTK_DIALOG_MODAL
flag to make a dialog modal.

Looks like a modal dialog is what you're looking for.

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn energyhq homeip net
        GPG Public Key :: http://energyhq.homeip.net/files/pubkey.txt