From: "Tristan Van Berkom" <vantr touchtunes com>
To: "Uni" <unimatrix 001 ntlworld com>
Cc: "GTK App Development list" <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 5:46 PM
Subject: Re: lookup_widget???

    gtk_label_set_text(GTK_LABEL(label),output);
sets the text to be displayed in a label.

    GtkWidget * label = lookup_widget(GTK_WIDGET(button), "label1");
If I wrote a function like this. it would find the label named "label1"
under the heirarchy of `button' and return a pointer to it.

Somehow I doubt that `lookup_widget' is a function exported
by the gtk+ libraries.

Cheers,
-Tristan

Uni wrote:

Hi,

I'm struggling to see the difference between:

    gtk_label_set_text(GTK_LABEL(label),output);

and

    GtkWidget * label = lookup_widget(GTK_WIDGET(button), "label1");

Why is the second one using lookup_widget? Also what exactly does
lookup_widget do that the first one doesn't?

Thanks

Uni