Re: Seg Fault: Debugging Beginner

On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 11:06, Dimitar Haralanov wrote:
      Of course, this will only work if the problem is somewhere in your
code. If for some reason the crash occurs in one of the GTK functions
you will be out of luck unless you have compiled GTK with debugging
enabled.

I can say with a great amount of certainty that 99% of all crashes (even
those crashes that occur within the gtk code) are the result of
something in your code. For example, memory corruption can kill gtk
internally.  So generally speaking, combining a good debugger with a
library like electric fence can really do wonders, enen though you still
have to depend on libraries for which you may not have source code for.

Michael

      As far as I can tell from my week long search, there are not debugging
libraries for GTK (unless you are running Debian)
--
Michael L Torrie <torriem chem byu edu>